Wednesday, August 5, 2009

P90x - Day 3 of 90 - Shoulders & Arms and AbRipperX

Okay, so today was a day I looked forward to as I like doing weight training. This was a very good round (my husband agrees). I do, however, need to add some weights or use the bands for extra resistance because I never did feel a burn on most of the routines. Anything dealing with my triceps I felt, but my biceps are stronger than I thought. I did what I could on the shoulder routines as well. I just have to learn to pause and do the maximum amount of reps so that I can improve overall.

I received my recovery drink from beachbody. It's good and I can drink this every day. I am not an orange flavor lover nor an orange creamsicle fan, but this is what it tastes like and it's surely not bad at all. I am not a beachbody coach and I do not sell this product so this is unbiased, just the way I like reviews to be.

I also cooked the P90x nutrition guide's stirfry beef and broccoli. I love it and the kids loved it (which means this gets 2 thumbs up). I didn't use soba noodles though, and instead of regular soy sauce i used lower sodium soy sauce with some terriyaki marinade (that has the same milligrams of sodium per serving size). I didn't have rice vinegar so I sprinkled a little red wine vinegar (just a little) and even before I did that, this was a good recipe. Doing it my way resulted in less sodium, which is necessary in my diet.

So overall, I feel great. I do feel like I need to do a little more today, so I may just do my turbo jam, or just relax and do that tomorrow with my first run through the entire disc of YogaX.

I must go shower up and enjoy the rest of my night....

Total calories - 334
Shoulders & Arms - 271
Ab Ripper X - 63 (i slacked a little for the pain in my thighs was evident, for shame Pam! Last time i did this by itself i burned 165).

No comments:

Post a Comment